| Kat (Production Manager), Nora (Web Designer) and Elana (Artistic Director) |
I wasn't lying about the food spreads HIT provides at meetings.
Delicious brie and pita chips aside, tonight's meeting was primarily dedicated to Ben & Elana updating us about their most recent trip up to Milton-Freewater. They interviewed locals about this city's ripe history and thus, had a lot to relay back to us. There's much more on that to follow, but in general it was fascinating to be introduced to the socio-economic history behind this city through the (second-hand) voices of its citizens, some dating back to the 1860s.
I think my favorite part was when Ben actually got out a handy-dandy map of Oregon and pointed to us non-oregonites where the landmarks we hear about routinely actually are.
| Ben (Marketing Director) with Oregon |
They also brought us materials to look at (like pictures from the 1800s of founding families from the two original towns that make up Milton-Freewater, a rundown of the Frazier historical landmarks where we'll be performing, and our sponsors, the Milton-Freewater Area Historical Society). And then Elana gave us a photographic tour of the location of the historical sites:
| Elana and Sarah (Managing Director) |
All in all, it was a good night. I personally felt that much more educated on the needs and interests of the community--plus, my brain was already running wild with ideas of sound design cues. Mostly, I couldn't shake the image of miles and miles of wheat fields Ben described up there...I wonder where I can find a sound cue of that? Hm.
HIT is set to revisit Milton-Freewater again this coming March for further research and a follow up with the citizens to review the script(s) that are now in the process of being written. It's a slow process, but it's already getting off to a wonderful start; if you can't tell, those of us at HIT are absolutely excited about Milton-Freewater.
| Sarah and Crystal (Set Design/Props) |
I believe that's basically it for now. More soon to come, as always.
-Beryl (Social Media/Sound Design)
p.s. You might have noticed we're one short from tonight; our esteemed scenic artist, Alex, is still on the other side of the country in NYC. We missed you, Alex!
No comments:
Post a Comment