Well, that and the amazing food that was supplied: cheese, bread, pizza, dulces, and addicting garlic pita chips. And really, food, as we all know, is possibly the one thing that will distract one away from the Impractical (see below).
That could be anything from those free nose-bleed tickets you got on random to the SF Opera, or perhaps the latest show a company you over-hire at is working on (which is what a lot of us end up seeing), all the way down to the buskers who perform outside of Downtown Berkeley Bart station.
I forgot to mention this at the meeting, but I will say my favorite busker I've seen so far is the dude who brings his own UPRIGHT PIANO and plops down in front of the BART entrance to play old ragtime melodies, bowler hat and all. I mean, that's just impractical and wonderful at the same time.
Did someone say impractical?
Why, yes. Yes, they did. And that's where we, The Impracticals (our new name, coined by Alex) come in.
The main things we covered in the last meeting were the whens, wheres and whats of Fiscal Sponsorship as well as Grants to help us get on our legs to perform. More to come on those fronts, but suffice to say we're waiting to hear back from a possible gig further up north AND looking at Fractured Atlas as a place for us to snuggle up to with our non-existent tax identity as of yet.
But, what's to come is our latest theatre-workshop we hashed out--a day filled with some of the most ridiculous (and fun!) theatre I've ever experienced--with Puppets!
For now, stay impractical. We'll be back with bigger and better (and photographed) news shortly!
-Beryl
Impractical Post Picture:
Food really does take you away from the Impractical. Here it is captured in the wild.
Honestly, nature. You crazy.

"The wild" has surprisingly well-manicured shrubberies...
ReplyDeleteI have one decorating my three-foot Target tree now...
ReplyDelete